More trouble for Manish Sisodia, faces FIR in Snooping case
New Delhi: The Ministry of Home Affairs of the Central Government registered a case of corruption against former Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi Manish Sisodia and approved the investigation. This approval was given regarding corruption in the formation of Feed Back Unit-FBU of Delhi Government and illegal appointments made in it. In this case, the CBI started its investigation by registering an FIR in November 2016 and found that corruption had been done in the formation of this unit and this unit was formed keeping the rules in check. This investigation was done by the CBI on the complaint of KS Meena, the then Deputy Secretary, Vigilance, Government of Delhi.
It is clear from three letters dated 23 May 1996, 1 January 1997 and 3 September 1997, issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Central Government, that the approval of LG is necessary for any new recruitments, formation of posts or recruitment of retired employees in Delhi. But despite this, it was ignored. The Secretary to the Chief Minister of Delhi had written a letter on 29 April 2015 that the Chief Minister of Delhi can take a decision on matters related to Delhi without informing the Lieutenant Governor, but this matter was going on in the Delhi High Court and no decision had been taken. After this, when the decision of the High Court came on August 4, 2016, the file was sent to the LG for approval of Feed Back Unit two days later, and the Lieutenant Governor in this matter referred the case to the CBI for a complete investigation.
The CBI in its initial investigation found that the then Secretary, Vigilance, Sukesh Kumar Jain proposed to Manish Sisodia on November 6, 2015, for recruitment in the unit, that approval would be taken from the AR Department (details of the entire expenditure), to which Manish Sisodia agreed. But Sukesh Kumar Jain did not give this information to the AR Department. The officer of the Vigilance Department said during the investigation that after issuing the applications for the recruitments, the same information was given to the AR Department. But it was said that these recruitments would be in place of the post being abolished in the Industry Department. It was decided that these recruitments will be done out of 88 recruitments to be done in ACB, while no information or approval has been taken from the approval or AR Department of these recruitments. Manish Sisodia was also aware that no approval had been taken from the Lieutenant Governor for these recruitments or for the formation of the unit.
Posted By Uday India