Friday, January 27th, 2023 04:14:26

IRCTC to resume cooked food service on all trains from 14th of Feb

Updated: February 12, 2022 11:34 am

The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) has decided to resume cooked food on all trains by 14th of February. IRCTC in a statement said that with the requirement of travelling passengers and easing of COVID lockdown restrictions across the country IRCTC is all set to resume the services of cooked food in trains.

It said, the restoration of cooked food has been done as per guidelines received from the Railway board. It said, cooked food has already been restored in 428 trains and of the total number of trains cooked food had already been restored in 30 per cent by December last year and 80 percent in January this year and the remaining 20 per cent will be restored by Monday.

IRCTC added that cooked food on premium trains like Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Duronto had already been restored in December last year.  IT said, Ready To Eat meals will also continue.

The catering services were suspended as a safety measure against the coronavirus pandemic in 23rd March 2019 and With a decline in covid positive rate in the country Ready To Eat meals were started in trains in month of August last year.

Comments are closed here.