Sunday, 20 September 2020

US Prez Trump calls for Lebanon to conduct transparent investigation in Beirut Explosion

Updated: August 10, 2020 1:12 pm
US President Donald Trump has called for Lebanon to conduct a full and transparent investigation into the huge explosion that hit Beirut, and expressed his support for protests demanding reform in the country. Trump said that the United States stands ready to assist the Lebanon government in the investigation.

White House said, US President called for calm in Lebanon and acknowledged the legitimate calls of peaceful protesters for transparency, reform, and accountability. Lebanese army said that hopes have dwindled of finding survivors at the blast site following days of search-and-rescue operations.

Lebanese environment minister Damianos Kattar resigned yesterday in the wake of a powerful deadly blast in the port of Beirut that killed 158 people and injured over 6,000 on Tuesday. Earlier in the day, Lebanese Information Minister Manal Abdel Samad announced her resignation in the wake of the explosion and subsequent civil anti-government unrest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Archives

Categories