Essential oils are the oldest known form of medicine to mankind. These oils are basically fragrant liquids drawn from flowers, seeds, stems, leaves, bark, bushes, herbs and shrubs. Essential oils have been said to be in use since times immemorial and our ancestors knew all about these oils. Once essential oil is absorbed by the body it reacts with body chemistry to promote healing.
Essential oil aroma therapy has a special place in mainstream medicine. Because of their anti-depressant, stimulating, detoxifying, anti-bacterial, anti-viral and calming properties, essential oils are recently gaining popularity as a natural safe and cost-effective therapy for a number of health concerns. Today we are going to know all about the Oregano oil.
Oregano is known as ‘Mountain joy’, ‘The Mediterranean Miracle’ and ‘Wonder herb’ owing to its innumerable health benefits. Its scientific name is Origanum Vulgare.
Consumption of undercooked meat or impure water, or countless other risky actions, allows harmful micro-organisms inside our body. Thankfully oregano oil is shown to be extremely useful for getting rid of these unwanted pathogens. One study examined the relationship between oregano oil and pathogens and found that taking 600mg of oregano oil daily banished harmful organisms from the body.
- Oregano oil offers huge amount of anti- oxidants that can aid in the defence against the aging accelerators such as oxidation and free radicals.
- One can use oregano oil as part of first response to sickness to help combat bacterial illness.
- Oregano oil contains carvacrol a potent antiviral. With so many viral illnesses circulating, such as flu and the common cold having an anti viral ready at home can keep your family well.
- Oregano is anti-fungal as well. Nasty fungal infections can be tackled with oregano essential oil.
- One study found promising results with a foot bath, a simple and soothing treatment for an uncomfortable infection. Mix oregano oil into Epsom salt and use in a warm foot bath to benefit more from its anti-fungal property.
- Due to the presence of phenolic acids and flavonoids, oregano is high in antioxidant properties. Therefore, it prevents formation of free radicals in the body, which could otherwise lead to ageing of body cells.
- Add a few drops of oregano oil to a glass of water and drink 3, 4 times a day to treat cold, sinusitis and lung congestion.
- Oregano oil is an effective pain killer. Research shows that oregano oil surpassed anti inflammatory drugs in reversing inflammation and pain.
- Latest study reveals that oil of oregano is effective in preventing cancer related healing. Oregano essential oil could help mitigate the damage inflicted from a chemotherapy drug.
- The study revealed that a particular phenol called carvacrol, present in oregano oil, exhibits powerful anti -oxidant, and anti- microbial activities, and prevents nearly 78 percent of carcinogenic substance that is usually present in meat that is cooked at high
- It helps in treating nervous tension, tooth ache, daiarrhea, earache, coughs, bronchitis, insect bites and toothache. With a few drops added to hot water you can inhale to get relief from cold and gargling with luke warm water clears sore throat.
- Buy only 100 % pure oregano oil.
By Niibhanapudi Suguna