Red Chilli Pepper
Red chilli peppers are a type of vegetables which also come under the category of spice. Due to its hot and sharp taste, it is concluded as a spice itself. Red Chilli pepper has been the internal part of Indian cuisine. These chilli peppers powder is one of the spices we keep handy along with salt and turmeric. Moreover now doctors are also recommending to take chilli moderately to maintain good health. Upon conducting a test on those persons who are in the habit of eating red chillies, interestingly it is found out there is remarkable decrease in heart attacks and paralysis strokes. According to a study by an American University ripened-red chilli increases the life span of a person.
These peppers have plant derived chemical compounds that are known to have disease preventing and health promoting properties. The strong spicy taste is attributed to the active alkaloid compounds. They contain health benefitting alkaloid compound in them.
Laboratory studies suggest that capsaicin has anti-bacterial, anti-carcinogenic, analgesic and anti-diabetic properties. Capsaicin in red chilli improves the blood circulation in the body and wipes out all the harmful germs.
Without any colour and taste this capsaicin in red chillies helps the transient receptor potential healthy. This too helps in the longitivity of a person. It separates the fats in the body and protects us from being obese. In the absence of fat deposits heart also becomes strong. Red chilli pepper powder has been used to colour and preserve the foods.
Chillies are also good in B-complex group of vitamins such as niacin, riboflavin, thiamine and pyridoxine. These vitamins are essential in the sense that human body needs them from external sources to replenish.
So keep taking Red chilli in limited proportions to lead a healthy life.
- It is found to reduce LDL cholesterol levels in obese individual.
- Red chilli pepper is a known circulatory stimulant.
- It also increases the pulse of lymphatic and digestive rhythms.
- By heating the body, natural process of detoxification is streamlined. Chilli causes us to sweat which is also one of the important processes of detoxification.
- If you take lemon juice and honey with a small quantity of chilli tea, this is an excellent morning beverage and can also detox your body.
- Migraine headache can be prevented due to the ability of chilli to stimulate a pain response in a different area of the body, thus reverting the brain’s attention to the new site. Following the initial pain reaction, the nerve fibres have depleted substance P and the perception of pain is lessoned.
- It is a digestive aid. It stimulates the digestive tract increasing the flow of enzyme production and digestive juices. It is also helpful in relieving intestinal gases.
- It has the ability to ease upset stomach, ulcers, sore throats and irritating coughs owing to its anti-irritating properties.
- The anti-bacterial properties of these chillies help as an excellent preservative and have been traditionally used to prevent food contamination from bacteria.
- The high quality of capsaicin in these chillies might help stop the formation of tumours in tobacco smokers and work as anti cancer agent. Studies have shown their ability to inhibit liver tumours.
by Nibhanapudi Suguna