MILK The Wholesome Food
Milk has become one of the most essential parts of our life. Virtually our day starts with it. You may find a house without any other essential item but not milk.
Since times immemorial milk had been treated as the most ideal food for human nutrition. Long before the science established the fact that milk is one of the most nutritional foods available for human nutrition, common knowledge established the truth that milk is valuable in restoring the sick to good health. Milk is the wholesome food when it is taken as main course of one or two meals a day.
- Milk is extremely valuable because it is highly nutritious and beneficial for human consumption.
- Milk is considered as nature’s wellness drink. This creamy beverage is full of calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus and other nutrients that have been proven beneficial to your teeth and bones. Milk builds strong bones and teeth where body’s 90 per cent calcium is stored.
- Milk promotes healthy function of muscles and blood vessels. If you are conscious of fat intake or following a heart healthy diet then you can opt for low fat milk.
- Low fat or fat free varieties too provide a lot of nutrients for very modest worthwhile calories.
- Milk is naturally low in sodium and contains potassium that plays a role in healthy blood pressure. More over a number of studies have proved that calcium in milk helps improve bone density. Denser bones mean less likelihood of stress fractures and a lower risk of osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a major health threat these days effecting millions of Indians.
The importance of getting enough calcium starts young and extends into adulthood. “We are born
with bones and as we grow from childhood to adulthood, we build stronger and bigger bones. However, after a certain point—around age 30—our body starts drawing from our bones to maintain our other bodily functions,” says experts .So it is important to get calcium such as that from milk starting early in age and then to continue consuming enough throughout your life.
Milk protects you from tooth decay, cavity problems, osteoporosis, hypertension, colon cancer, improves eyesight. It can reduce the production of cholesterol by your liver.
Last but not the least. Women are prone to have lesser bone density when they grow old, so taking
care of their bones should be their first priority.
- Above all drinking milk does not contribute in any fat that make you gain weight.
- Drinking milk occasionally instead of water, keeps you hydrated.
- The essential vitamins and nutrients in milk help your skin to be healthy and smooth.
- Vitamin B 12 in milk helps maintain healthy red blood cells and healthy nerve tissue.
- Vitamin A helps in maintaining immune system and normal vision.
- A glass of milk after a stressful day keeps your mind and body rejuvenated. It can also induce good sleep.
- If you are suffering from acidity, burning sensation in heart, and other gastric problems, take a glass of cold milk to get immediate relief.
By Nibhanapudi Subuna