Beauty Benefits Of Barley
When it comes to beauty care Barley is extremely beneficial as it is fully packed with nutrients that protect our skin from outside pollutants. It is a simple grain with many beauty benefits which very few of us know.
- Selenium an important nutrient for immune system function is found in barley. It preserves skin elasticity and protects from free radical damage. Selenium improves the functioning of our heart, pancreas and immune system. Diets high in refined foods may lead to the deficiency of Selenium as it can be destroyed while processing the food.
- Anti-oxidants are one of the most important nutrients found in barley that help fight signs of ageing. Barley contains the anti-oxidant ferulic acid. The anti-oxidants in barley help in decelerating the signs of ageing. Barley water flushes out toxins from the body, thus giving you a clean wrinkle free skin texture. They help you look younger than your age.
- Make powder of barley and store in a jar. Daily apply little powder to your face by adding water or milk and wash off after 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice to barley powder to make fine paste. Apply this paste to face and leave it to dry before washing it off. This face pack helps lightening the skin tone.
- Drinking barley water and applying this water on acne regularly helps in putting an end to acne. The azelaic acid in barley controls inflammation and clogged pores and clears acne. It works by killing the acne bacteria that infect the skin pores.
- Consumption of green barley grass helps in restoring hair colour. Barley contains iron and B complex. Both are essential to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Copper in barley is involved in the formation of melanin, a pigment which provides colour to our hair. Barley is also rich in micronutrient thiamine and niacin that help in hair growth. Niacin and Procyanidin, isolated in barley help stimulate hair growth.
- Vitamin B3 present in barley is also indentified as a hair growth stimulant. When consumed barley, these nutrients give your body enough mineral for hair growth. Since barley can irritate hair follicles, it is always advisable not to apply it on the hair.
- Being a rich source of zinc, it helps healing any wounds or repairing the skin. Not just this, the bran in the barley helps in gently exfoliating the skin and controlling the oil that is produced by the skin. As a consequence it also brightens the skin.
- Barley helps you lose weight because of low calorie content as compared to other grains and several amino acids and also because of its fibre content.
- Calcium in barley helps us to have stronger bones which give shape to our body and teeth. As the saying goes a healthy body is a beautiful body.
With its innumerable health and beauty benefits barley can be a tasty and healthy addition to your diet.
By Nibhanapudi Suguna