Peppermint (Menthapiparita) is an essential oil known for its immense health benefits. It is known for its anti- fungal, anti -bacterial, anti- inflammatory and decongestant properties. Because of these qualities it comes to the rescue of many small ailments.
For colds and headaches a small amount of peppermint oil mixed with lavender oil gives instant relief. The mixed oil applied to chest during cold clears blocked nose and sooths lungs. In case of headache massaging the oil to temples eases the pain. Inhaling diffused peppermint essential oil immediately helps to unclog the sinus cavity and allows to breathe easily.
The stimulating effects of peppermint oil on blood circulation helps the body increase the metabolism and pulse rate and oxygenates the brain. With more oxygen the brain leads to higher cognitive function that can protects against the degenerative diseases of the brain like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Peppermint oil hydrates the burnt skin and relieves the pain from sunburns. It has been found that peppermint oil has SPF (SunProtection Factor) value higher than most other essential oils. To help heal the skin after the sun exposure and to protect the skin from sun burn mix 2 drops of peppermint oil with half spoon of coconut oil and can apply to the skin directly. It relieves the pain and support healthy skin renewal.
- During toothache peppermint oil numbs the pain instantly. Add one drop of oil to the cotton swaband apply to the aching tooth. It helps to disinfect and reduce the inflammation owing to the anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties. The anaesthetic property makes the numbness and help relieve from pain.
- If you are dealing with any kind of rash this essential oil has a wonderful anti-itch remedy. Mix peppermint oil and lavender oil and apply on the rash. This will help to cool and sooth the itch and provides some relief.
- Peppermint oil is known to nourish the hair. This oil helps to enhance the blood circulation which results in hair growth. It provides the roots with the nourishmentthe nourishment they need to grow. This oil helps to thicken and nourish the damaged
- hair naturally. This oil penetrates through the surface of the scalp and stimulates the hair follicles.
- Peppermint oil is the perfect essential oil for the sour throat. This oil works well to calm down inflammation and sooths the throat.
- Peppermint oil is highly effective at relaxing muscles in the nasal passage. It is considered as one of the best essential oils because of its expectorant, anti-inflammatory and invigorating properties.
- The above given are the few of the benefit of Peppermint essential oil which is one of the more versatile of the oils. Do keep it handy to tackle mild ailments at home. To use it internally take the advice of your physician.