A glass of lemon water early in the morning on empty stomach does wonders to your health and gears you up to the day’s activities say Ayurveda.
Most of us start our day with a cup of hot tea or coffee to get over the slumber and be active instead a glass of warm lemon juice on empty stomach is more beneficial to health.
The alkaline properties of lemon helps flush out the toxins from the body. The interaction with other enzymes and acids make it easy to stimulate the secretion of gastric juices. Gastric juice is the material that breaks down the food. So the food is easily digested.
Your gastro system works better. It gives enough strength to the body to absorb nutrients and other minerals to keep the body free of diseases. It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases.
- The presence of pectin in lemon helps the fibre to main tain the body weight and improves the metabolism which there by improves the appetite. Studies have shown people who maintain a more alkaline diet, do in fact lose weight.
- Your health gets better by protecting the systems throughout your body from infections. As your body is not loaded with toxins it can perform at a maxim level. This can lead to gain in stamina and accomplishment. As a result of it there is better overall performance on both physical and mental level.
- Lemon water is a low calorie It helps you keep your caloric intake low.
- The lemons are most alkalising foods for the body. They are acidic on their own. But inside the body they are alkaline. Lemons contain both citric and ascorbic acid. Weak acids easily metabolized from the body allowing the mineral content of lemons to help alkalize the blood. Disease states only occur when the body pH is acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly can help to remove overall acidity in the body, including uric acid in the joints, which is one of the primary causes of pain and inflammation.
- It helps reduce pain and inflammation in the joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid.
- The potassium content in lemon helps nourish nerve and brain cells.
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) found in lemon boosts healing and is essential nutrient in maintaining bone, connective tissue and cartilage health. Vitamin C also has anti-inflammatory properties and is an essential nutrient in maintaining good health and recovery from stress and injuries.
- Lemon juice helps replenish body salts after a strenuous workout.
- Lemon juice increases the rate of urination in the body. In the process it eliminates the impurities from the body. So when you drink lemon water toxins are released at a faster rate, which helps you keep your urinary tract The citric acid in lemons helps maximise the function of the enzyme, which stimulates the liver and aids in detoxification.
- It is of great benefit to the skin as it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne.
So make it a point to begin your day with a glass of warm lemon water. Its cleansing and healing effect will have a positive effect on your health in the long run.